Last updated: 20th November, 2020
- True Italian
True Italian (“us”, “we” or “our”) refers to Elvira De Rosa, owner of and trading as True Italian, 27 Rue des Moulins, Reims, France.
General Data Protection Regulation Act.
- Data Controller
Data Controller means the natural or legal person who (either alone or jointly or in common with other persons) determines the purposes for which and the manner in which any personal information are, or are to be, processed.
- Data Processor
Data Processor means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller.
- Data Subject
Data Subject is any living individual who is using our Service and is the subject of Personal Data.
Cookies refers to small pieces of text sent by a web browser by a visited website. A cookie file is stored in web browser and allows this Site or a third-party to recognize you and make your next visit easier and the Service more useful to you. Cookies can be “persistent” or “session” cookies.
1. Principles for processing personal data
True Italian is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Our principles for processing personal data are:
- Fairness and lawfulness. When we process personal data, the individual rights of the Data Subjects are protected. All personal data are collected and processed in a legal and fair manner.
- Restricted to a specific purpose. The personal data of Data Subject are processed only for specific purposes.
- Transparency. The Data Subject is informed of how his/her data is being collected, processed and used.
2. What personal data we collect and process
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act) and the EU General Data Protection Regulations 2018 (the GDPR), the Data Controller is True Italian, 20 Rue Cérès, 51100 Reims, France and in the case that True Italian is commissioned by you to translate content that contains personal data, we are the Data Processor according to the GDPR.
True Italian collects several different types of personal data for various purposes. Personal data may include, but are not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Information provided by filling in forms on our website, www.trueitaliantranslations.com
We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site or our services.
Where you provide information to us related to a commercial transaction in the form of a request for quotation, an enquiry or an order via our website, Skype or email, we will inform you that the legal basis for us storing your personal data is a contractual necessity in order to enter into a commercial transaction or relationship. We will inform you, via clear messages on the relevant forms that allow you to enter personal data, of the legal basis on which we retain your information, the retention period of that data and your rights as required by the GDPR, and how to contact us in order to execute those rights.
2.1 Cookies and IP addresses
When you use and access the Site, we may place a number of cookies files in your web browser. Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies. To do so, visit the help pages of your web browser.
However, if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, you might not be able to store your preferences, and some of our pages might not display properly.
You can learn more about cookies and the following third-party websites:
- All About Cookies: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
- Network Advertising Initiative: http://www.networkadvertising.org/
We may also collect information about your computer including, where available, your IP address, browser type and version, the pages of our Site you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other diagnostic data. These may be used for statistical purposes and to report aggregate information to our service providers, but they do not identify any individual.
3. How we use the personal data
True Italian uses the collected personal data for various purposes:
- To provide you with our services
- To notify you about changes to our services and/or products
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our services
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers and will not be transferred to third parties unless this is required by the task you asked us to execute and complete. The security of your personal information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
4. Legal basis for collecting and processing personal data
True Italian’s legal basis for collecting and using the personal data described in this Policy depends on the personal data we collect and on the specific context in which we collect the information:
- True Italian needs to perform and deliver its services to you, and cannot do this without processing and storing your personal data and content
- You have given True Italian permission to do so
- Processing your personal data is in True Italian’s legitimate interests
- True Italian needs to comply with the law for auditing, tax and insurance purposes
5. Retention of personal data
True Italian will retain your personal information only for as long as necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy and to the extent necessary to comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce policies, that is, only for the period required to deliver the services you commissioned and to manage our relationship, while complying with relevant tax and insurance requirements.
Content sent to True Italian for translation, or to enable the delivery of any other professional service, will be processed and stored for the duration of the time that you are an active client of True Italian, and for ten years afterwards, for auditing, tax and insurance purposes.
6. Data protection rights
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), in accordance with the GDPR, you have certain data protection rights. If you wish to be informed on what personal data we hold about you, and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us at: email@example.com.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or delete the information we have on you
- The right of rectification
- The right to object
- The right of restriction
- The right to data portability
- The right to withdraw consent
You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by not opting in to receive such messages on the forms we use to collect your data, or by contacting us. All requests will be responded to in full, within one business day, as per the GDPR.
6.1 Third party policies
Our Site contains links to third party websites like LinkedIn, Twitter and Skype. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. We invite you to check the relevant policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
6.2 GDPR documentation and comments